Admission Procedure for BBA, BCA & U.G
- For admission to under graduate courses, the students should have passed two year Intermediate examination or Central Board of Secondary Education or an examination recognized and considered equivalent by the Osmania University. The students from other states should produce eligibility certificate issued by Osmania University at the time of admission.
- For admission in BBA, B.Com and B.Sc: The candidate should have secured atleast 60% of the aggregate marks in Intermediate or equivalent examination and 40% in the concerned subject.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the foreign University should submit all the relevant information/documents which prove the equivalent of their qualification along with the approval of Osmania University.
Registration for Admission
- Application forms for admission are to be obtained by the candidate on payment of the prescribed fee. If the application form is downloaded from the website, the same can be submitted in the office after paying the required registration fee in the college office. Please contact office for any further assitance in this regard.
- The candidate should submit the duly filled-in application form in the college office and must be accompanied by the following documents(attested copies).
Documents to be attached
- Receipt of registration fee.
- Memorandum of marks obtained by the students at the qualifying examination (the certified photo-copies are to be replaced by original certificates at the time of admission).
- Copies of study certificate and transfer certificate from the college where the candidates studied previously.
- Sports/NCC/Ex-serviceman/Cast /physically handicapped (certificate issued by the competent authority) for those applicable.
Student Detained for Shortage of Attendance
Students who have been detained for an academic year due to the lack of mandatory attendance percentage can seek readmission in the same class for the preceeding academic year. For example a student who has been detained in the second year of his / her B.Sc / B.Com can seek readmission again in the Second Year only.
The authority to readmit the student complete rests with the college. Behaviour of the student in the past will be taken into consideration for his / her readmission.
Admission to another Degree Course
Candiates who have completed a particular Degree course in a Faculty from the University, shall not be allowed to seek regular admission, in view of the fact that the students seeking fresh admission, for the first time will be deprived of the opportunity and that there is a provision for appearing at the B.Com degree Examination through the Centre for Distance Education, Osmania University.
Candidates who have fulfilled the attendance requirement but did not appear for the examination will not be allowed to join the same class again. Similarly, candidates having appeared for the I / II / III year Examinations but detained, will also but not allowed to join the I / II / III year again. They may however appear for the respective examinations as ex-students.
STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION FROM ONE COLLEGE TO OTHER COLLEGE WITH IN THE JURISDICTION OF OSMANIA UNIVERSITY
- Transfers are not permissible into first year degree course.
- Transfers from one college to another college within the twin cities (Hyderabad and Secunderabad) are not permissible.
- Transfers from distance education mode to regular colleges are not permissible.
- Transfers are permitted only into II / III year of Degree Course (with due consent of Principals concerned and subject to availability of seats) within the prior approval of the University from one district to another District OR from District to City or vice-versa under the jurisdiction of OU.
- Candidates are required to pay of Rs. 1000/- (One thousand only) towards transfer fees payable through D.D., drawn in favour of Registrar, Osmania University from Nationalized Banks only.
- Transfer Applications shall not be entertained without the following:
- Consent of the Principlas concerned.
- Xerox copies of the Memorandum of Marks of I / II year Degree Course.
- Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of 'Registrar, Osmania University'.
- Transfer Applications received after the last date prescribed shall NOT be entertained.
For Transfer of Students into 2nd or 3rd Degree
Courses from other Universities
- Transfers are not permissible in the 1st Year of the Degree Course.
- Transfer into 2nd or 3rd year of BBA / B.Sc. / B.Com. Courses from other universities will be considered subject to the following conditions.
- The Degree course which the candidate is pursuing at the parent university should have been recognized by the Osmania University.
- Candidates shall be admitted on transfer at Osmania University to the same course / combination which they have studied I in 1st / 2nd year degree course at the parent university. Change of Group / Combination / Optional is not permissible.
- Candidates are required to submit a certified copy of the detailed syllabus of the course pursued by them at the parent university in order to establish equivalence of the subjects for considering exemption.
Certificates to be submitted.
- Xerox copies of Memorandum of marks of I / II Year degree course of the parent university.
- Demand Draft for Rs. 1500/- (for the students seeking admission on transfer from Universities within the State) and Rs. 3000/- (for the students seeking admission on transfer from universities outside the state) drawn in favour of Registrar, Osmania University (from Nationalized banks only).
- Certified copies of the syllabus of I / II degree course year studied at the parent University.