Welcome to Department of Chemistry
Department of chemistry was established in 1991 with undergraduate course . The department has spacious well equipped labs and instrumentation room with sufficient number of required instruments. The department is blessed with a team of qualified and dedicated lectures who are developing consistent pattern and novel methodologies to equip the students with fundamental concept, technical skills and strategies. In addition to teaching, the faculty members and students are actively involved in research.
The chemistry club 'PRAGATHI' was constituted on July 2000. The active members of the club interact with the student community of the college (like Halogen family in chemistry), motivate them towards the co-curricular activities of the department and also volunteer in all the departmental programs. The club members are also concerned about their responsibilities towards the underprivileged. Faculty and students show the responsible citizenship behavior by promoting environmental awareness among the community people.
- Devising innovative and students' friendly teaching methodology to promote motivation and interest on basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Organizing workshop, seminar ,symposia at national and state level is the regular feature of the department.
- The various project work undertaken by U.G and PG students have added strength to the department.
- Ongoing UGC funded project work as well as regular publication is at the credit of the department.
- To build up a trained team of environmentally conscious and self motivated personnel in the country , student centric environmental research programme has been initiated.
- The analysis and subsequent detection of hazardous hexavalent chromium and lead above the permissible limit in the surface and ground water of the Nacharam area of Hyderabad is a significant research finding of the department.
- The faculty members regularly participate as resource persons in different teachers training programme of the rural school teachers conducted by Andhra Pradesh Academy of rural development.
- As a part of student enrichment programme, brilliant and intelligent students are handpicked by the department and are offered extra training to crack the national level competitive exams
|Head of Dept.
||Smt. P. Indumathi M.Sc Chemistry
|Other Faculty members:
||Smt.G.Manju Vani M.Sc Chemistry