Welcome to Department of Commerce
Commerce department is the largest department in Pragathi Degree College. Initially B.com Course was introduced in 1991-92 With experienced faculty members. The departments has the distinction of securing 100% pass percentage for several years and always the overall pass percentage was above 95%. The students always featuring the Osmania university toppers list. It always stood in the first five positions among the affiliated colleges for its academic performance in the public exams the department organizes Seminars, Group Discussions, Debates, Role Play sessions, Case Study Analysis, Quiz, and skits on a regular basis. Latest teaching aids such as Smart board, LCD, OHP, Internet etc are used. Online projects and assignments are given. The department organizes Inter-Collegiate Competitions. Students are taken on field trips and industrial tours. Staff attends various Faculty Development Programmes organized by OU and other colleges. Training for CPT, ICET and Bank PO’s are available in the college campus Every year around 50% of the students are placed in reputed organizations like DELL, HSBC, Bank of America, WIPRO, Cognizant, Infosys, etc.
Most of our students have successfully pursued higher studies both in India and abroad. Many of them are placed in prominent position in various prestigious companies and organizations through our campus placement programs. Entrepreneurship awareness and development programmes are arranged in collaboration with the E.D Cell of OU and The Commerce Department is very active and innovative in all its activities.
- To equip the students with analytical and practical skills relating to the subjects, the commerce lab was set up in the year 2005. It is equipped with the relevant data and documents.
- The department of Commerce had taken an initiative to start a club by name PRAGATHI in the year 2005. The idea behind starting a commerce students association PRAGATHI is to encourage the leadership qualities and managerial skills of students by giving them an opportunity to organize various academic, socio-cultural activities and programs and inter-collegiate competitions.
- The PRAGATHI Club of the department organizes Inter collegiate competitions. The main objective of this event is to promote the talent and skills of students in various fields and also to provide them an opportunity to interact with their counterparts from other colleges. Various competitions like Group Discussion, Poster Presentation, Case Study, Turn Coat, Dramatics, and Fun Game like Commerce Bingo, Tambola etc., are designed to test the presentation, analytical, creative and communication skills of students.
- The department organizes Seminars, Group Discussions, Debates, Role Play sessions, Case Study Analysis, Quiz, and skits on a regular basis as a part of the club activity.
- Lectures and Seminars: Experts from academics and industry are invited to address the students on various topics regularly.
- To give a practical exposure to students, industrial tours are arranged every year to places like, AP Dairy, AP Food, Bisleri, Parle-G, Coca Cola, NSIC, etc.
- Faculty development programs are organised and attended by the faculty members to keep abreast with the latest development in the field of education.
|Head of Dept.
||Sri.CH.Surender Reddy M.Com; MBA
|Other Faculty members:
Smt.K Avanthi MBA