Welcome to Department of Nutrition
Department of nutrition was established in 1991 with undergraduate course. The deparment has spacious well equipped labs and instrumentation room with sufficient number of required instruments. The department is blessed with a team of qualified and dedicated lecturers who are developing consistent pattern and novel methodologies to equip the students with fundamental concept. technical skills and strategies. In addition to teaching the faculty members and students are actively involved in research.
One of pioneer departments of the college established in the year 1991. Striving to cater the needs of the life science students. To expose the students to the latest developments in the field of life sciences.
The department is having adequate highly qualified & well experienced faculty . The faculty members have been updating the knowledge by attending various national & international symposia & work shops.
- The faculty puts in constant effort to indentity the strength and weakness of the students and guide them accordingly in their academic planning, implementation and presentation. This has resulted in consistent excellent success rate of the students with the outgoing students pass percentage always being between 95-99% (always higher as compared to Osmania University pass percentage) and the students always featuring the osmania university toppers list.
- To empower women and bring their holistic development, The department organizes various activities like symposia orientation programmes, conferences, national seminar and exhibitions.These activities helps in personality development of the students, to bring in their inner talent, improve their managerial skills and organizing capabilities and make them environmentally aware and socially commited citizen.
- The department has excellent facilities for teaching and research in nutritions regarding the health of the population.
- The department is equipped with a computer having internet and printer facility. It also caters to the needs of the students in projects / presentation.
- There are two spacious and well ventilated laboratories as well as a kitchen for preparing food as part of syllabus instruments like solutions. weighting machine, autoclave, centrifuge, test tubes, beakers etc. are there.
- The department maintains the kitchen having inductions to avoid accidents.
- The department is having a webpage in the college website and maintains a Blog- The notes for latest topics are provided online to the stduents and are also encouraged to submit online assignments. Online test are also conducted.