Welcome to Department of Physics
Started in the year 1991-92, department of Physics is one of the oldest departments in this college. Currently it has 200 students pursuing B.Sc with (MPC & MPC's). All the faculty members are actively involved in teaching, research, college activities as well as outreach programs. It has a track record of securing four gold medals and several university ranks. Conducting workshops, guest lectures and field trips to various laboratories is a regular feature of this department.
Our Club - PRAGATHI
Through the departemental club "PRAGATHI" students carry out projects, construct working models using alternative sources of energy and participate in intra college and inter college competitions. Department of Physics encourages students to excel in Physics by rewarding outstanding performers on PRAGATHI day. Extension lectures by eminent professors and scientists keeps the students abreast of latest technological advances in the fields of science.
- Library : Departmental library is stacked with nearly 100 titles pertaining to academic and general Physics. Syllabus followed is as prescribed by the Osmania University. Library is updated periodically adding additional titles and no.of volumes.
- Department of physics is proud to possess latest equipment like GM counter, dual trace oscilloscopes, Interferometer and several spectrometers with high accuracy. Laboratory equipment is renewed as per the requirement.
- Evaluation Process : Periodic tests and terminal examinations are held regularly by the department. Students are also assessed through class seminars and oral presentations.
- Seminars/workshops/events : Conducting seminars, lecture series and field trips to renowned national laboratories is a regular feature in this department. During these seminars directors of various research labs and leading scientists interact with students and enhance their awareness on research options in Physics.
- Research activities : Faculty members have several publications in national and inter national journals to their credit.
- Departmental Notice board : Latest advances in research in fields of lasers, nano technology, nuclear science are displayed in the notice board. Employment oppurtunities and various university notifications on higher education are also displayed in this notice board.
- Consultancy services : Our faculty members act as resource persons and deliver guest lectures in post graduate as well as engineering colleges. All the faculty members act as examiners in university examinations. Through all these activities the department motivates it's students to strive for excellence in higher education. Reasonable number of students pursue higher education in preference to employment.
|Head of Dept.
||Smt.B.Kavitha M.sc Physics